At the close in Milan, the Investing.com Italy 40 rose 0.90% to hit a new 5-year high.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Investing.com Italy 40 were Ferrari NV (MI: RACE ), which rose 3.73% or 4.25 points to trade at 118.05 at the close. STMicroelectronics (MI: STM ) added 3.48% or 0.670 points to end at 19.900 and Exor NV (MI: EXOR ) was up 2.29% or 1.46 points to 65.08 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Moncler SpA (MI: MONC ), which lost 1.18% or 0.42 points to trade at 35.25 in late trade. Leonardo SpA (MI: LDOF ) declined 0.70% or 0.068 points to end at 9.646 and Poste Italiane SpA (MI: PST ) shed 0.47% or 0.038 points to 8.116.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 205 to 143 and 35 ended unchanged on the Milan Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for June delivery was up 1.20% or 0.84 to $70.56 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in July rose 1.63% or 1.22 to hit $76.09 a barrel, while the June Gold Futures contract fell 0.05% or 0.60 to trade at $1314.10 a troy ounce.
EUR/USD was down 0.23% to 1.1933, while EUR/GBP fell 0.51% to 0.8796.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.13% at 92.54.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.