At the close in Milan, the Investing.com Italy 40 added 1.01%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Investing.com Italy 40 were Prysmian (MI: PRY ), which rose 6.15% or 0.92 points to trade at 15.89 at the close. STMicroelectronics (MI: STM ) added 3.23% or 0.375 points to end at 12.000 and Telecom Italia (MI: TLIT ) was up 2.99% or 0.0164 points to 0.5646 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Bper Banca SpA (MI: EMII ), which lost 2.12% or 0.075 points to trade at 3.456 in late trade. Salvatore Ferragamo SpA (MI: SFER ) declined 1.50% or 0.30 points to end at 19.68 and Banca Generali (MI: BGN ) shed 1.19% or 0.22 points to 18.20.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 177 to 164 and 30 ended unchanged on the Milan Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for January delivery was up 1.02% or 0.52 to $51.52 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in February rose 0.35% or 0.21 to hit $60.18 a barrel, while the February Gold Futures contract fell 0.02% or 0.20 to trade at $1249.20 a troy ounce.
EUR/USD was down 0.33% to 1.1318, while EUR/GBP fell 0.08% to 0.9034.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.24% at 97.420.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.