At the close in Milan, the Investing.com Italy 40 gained 1.22% to hit a new 1-month high.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Investing.com Italy 40 were Banca Monte dei Paschi di Siena SpA (MI: BMPS ), which rose 6.14% or 0.0390 points to trade at 0.6740 at the close. Unicredit (MI: CRDI ) added 4.61% or 0.1520 points to end at 3.4520 and CNH Industrial NV (MI: CNHI ) was up 3.46% or 0.220 points to 6.585 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Salvatore Ferragamo (MI: SFER ), which lost 2.52% or 0.55 points to trade at 21.26 in late trade. Moncler SpA (MI: MONC ) declined 1.85% or 0.28 points to end at 14.84 and Tod'S (MI: TOD ) shed 1.42% or 0.90 points to 62.60.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 246 to 157 and 23 ended unchanged on the Milan Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for June delivery was up 1.95% or 0.83 to $43.30 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in June rose 2.00% or 0.88 to hit $44.91 a barrel, while the June Gold contract rose 0.07% or 0.90 to trade at $1255.20 a troy ounce.
EUR/USD was down 0.29% to 1.1326, while EUR/GBP fell 0.15% to 0.7878.
The US Dollar Index was up 0.22% at 94.28.
Add Chart to Comment
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Only English comments will be allowed.