At the close in Milan, the Investing.com Italy 40 lost 0.16%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Investing.com Italy 40 were Azimut Holding (MI: AZMT ), which rose 2.15% or 0.29 points to trade at 13.79 at the close. UnipolSai Assicurazioni SpA (MI: US ) added 1.09% or 0.021 points to end at 1.893 and Fiat Chrysler Automobiles NV (MI: FCHA ) was up 0.57% or 0.102 points to 17.996 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Snam (MI: SRG ), which lost 4.27% or 0.154 points to trade at 3.450 in late trade. Poste Italiane SpA (MI: PST ) declined 4.04% or 0.308 points to end at 7.322 and Terna (MI: TRN ) shed 3.12% or 0.143 points to 4.440.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 217 to 140 and 30 ended unchanged on the Milan Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for August delivery was up 0.15% or 0.10 to $64.95 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in August rose 1.40% or 1.03 to hit $74.47 a barrel, while the August Gold Futures contract rose 0.17% or 2.20 to trade at $1280.70 a troy ounce.
EUR/USD was down 0.05% to 1.1604, while EUR/GBP rose 0.29% to 0.8765.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.06% at 94.50.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.