At the close in Milan, the Investing.com Italy 40 fell 0.50%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Investing.com Italy 40 were Leonardo SpA (MI: LDOF ), which rose 2.04% or 0.188 points to trade at 9.402 at the close. A2A (MI: A2 ) added 1.86% or 0.028 points to end at 1.503 and Terna (MI: TRN ) was up 1.60% or 0.073 points to 4.644 in late trade.
Biggest losers included STMicroelectronics (MI: STM ), which lost 4.08% or 0.790 points to trade at 18.595 in late trade. Tenaris (MI: TENR ) declined 4.05% or 0.57 points to end at 13.61 and Freni Brembo SpA (MI: BRBI ) shed 2.30% or 0.29 points to 12.30.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 205 to 153 and 23 ended unchanged on the Milan Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for May delivery was up 1.70% or 1.09 to $65.39 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in May rose 1.47% or 1.01 to hit $69.92 a barrel, while the April Gold Futures contract rose 1.70% or 22.50 to trade at $1349.90 a troy ounce.
EUR/USD was up 0.50% to 1.2363, while EUR/GBP rose 0.11% to 0.8737.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.47% at 89.05.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.