At the close in Milan, the Investing.com Italy 40 fell 0.86% to hit a new 52-week low.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Investing.com Italy 40 were Luxottica Group SpA (MI: LUX ), which rose 3.00% or 1.60 points to trade at 54.96 at the close. Mediaset SpA (MI: MS ) added 2.96% or 0.076 points to end at 2.644 and Fiat Chrysler Automobiles NV (MI: FCHA ) was up 1.27% or 0.176 points to 14.018 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Saipem SpA (MI: SPMI ), which lost 4.95% or 0.2320 points to trade at 4.4570 in late trade. Moncler SpA (MI: MONC ) declined 4.10% or 1.25 points to end at 29.23 and Tenaris (MI: TENR ) shed 3.94% or 0.54 points to 13.15.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 301 to 59 and 23 ended unchanged on the Milan Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for December delivery was down 4.47% or 3.09 to $66.08 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in December fell 4.53% or 3.62 to hit $76.21 a barrel, while the December Gold Futures contract rose 1.11% or 13.50 to trade at $1234.70 a troy ounce.
EUR/USD was up 0.12% to 1.1479, while EUR/GBP fell 0.16% to 0.8834.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.13% at 95.62.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.