Italy shares lower at close of trade; Investing.com Italy 40 down 1.18%
Investing.com – Italy equities were lower at the close on Friday, as losses in the Technology , Financials and Utilities sectors propelled shares lower.
At the close in Milan, the Investing.com Italy 40 lost 1.18%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Investing.com Italy 40 were Yoox Net-A-Porter Group SpA (MI: YNAP ), which rose 3.38% or 0.93 points to trade at 28.43 at the close. Tenaris (MI: TENR ) added 2.05% or 0.25 points to end at 12.46 and Prysmian (MI: PRY ) was up 1.86% or 0.52 points to 28.50 in late trade.
Biggest losers included STMicroelectronics (MI: STM ), which lost 3.62% or 0.690 points to trade at 18.370 in late trade. Bper Banca SpA (MI: EMII ) declined 2.96% or 0.136 points to end at 4.460 and Buzzi Unicem (MI: BZU ) shed 2.77% or 0.62 points to 21.73.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 251 to 108 and 14 ended unchanged on the Milan Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for January delivery was up 1.69% or 0.97 to $58.37 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in February rose 1.76% or 1.10 to hit $63.73 a barrel, while the December Gold Futures contract rose 0.96% or 12.23 to trade at $1285.43 a troy ounce.
EUR/USD was up 0.13% to 1.1919, while EUR/GBP rose 0.22% to 0.8819.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.34% at 92.65.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or