Italy shares lower at close of trade; Investing.com Italy 40 down 1.33%
Investing.com – Italy equities were lower at the close on Monday, as losses in the Travel & Leisure , Healthcare and Industrials sectors propelled shares lower.
At the close in Milan, the Investing.com Italy 40 lost 1.33% to hit a new 6-month low.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Investing.com Italy 40 were Tenaris (MI: TENR ), which rose 0.26% or 0.04 points to trade at 13.65 at the close. STMicroelectronics (MI: STM ) added 0.05% or 0.010 points to end at 18.605 and Yoox Net-A-Porter Group SpA (MI: YNAP ) was down 0.03% or 0.01 points to 37.76 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Banca Generali (MI: BGN ), which lost 3.23% or 0.88 points to trade at 26.38 in late trade. Buzzi Unicem (MI: BZU ) declined 3.18% or 0.63 points to end at 19.35 and Banco Bpm (MI: BAMI ) shed 3.06% or 0.088 points to 2.803.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 235 to 109 and 27 ended unchanged on the Milan Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for May delivery was down 0.55% or 0.36 to $65.52 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in June fell 0.36% or 0.25 to hit $69.56 a barrel, while the April Gold Futures contract rose 0.40% or 5.40 to trade at $1355.30 a troy ounce.
EUR/USD was up 0.77% to 1.2447, while EUR/GBP rose 0.06% to 0.8747.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.53% at 88.63.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or