At the close in Milan, the Investing.com Italy 40 fell 1.52%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Investing.com Italy 40 were Davide Campari Milano SpA (MI: CPRI ), which rose 1.31% or 0.10 points to trade at 7.36 at the close. Leonardo SpA (MI: LDOF ) added 0.40% or 0.034 points to end at 8.614 and Saipem SpA (MI: SPMI ) was up 0.14% or 0.0060 points to 4.1560 in late trade.
Biggest losers included CNH Industrial NV (MI: CNHI ), which lost 4.92% or 0.450 points to trade at 8.700 in late trade. Banca Mediolanum SpA (MI: BMED ) declined 3.70% or 0.220 points to end at 5.720 and Tenaris (MI: TENR ) shed 3.39% or 0.56 points to 15.94.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 274 to 78 and 32 ended unchanged on the Milan Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for August delivery was down 2.25% or 1.67 to $72.44 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in September fell 3.17% or 2.50 to hit $76.36 a barrel, while the August Gold Futures contract fell 0.72% or 9.00 to trade at $1246.40 a troy ounce.
EUR/USD was down 0.30% to 1.1709, while EUR/GBP rose 0.05% to 0.8850.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.36% at 94.19.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.