At the close in Milan, the Investing.com Italy 40 declined 1.90%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Investing.com Italy 40 were Recordati (MI: RECI ), which rose 1.54% or 0.45 points to trade at 29.65 at the close. Salvatore Ferragamo SpA (MI: SFER ) added 1.10% or 0.20 points to end at 17.89 and DiaSorin SpA (MI: DIAS ) was up 0.78% or 0.55 points to 70.95 in late trade.
Biggest losers included UniCredit SpA (MI: CRDI ), which lost 5.01% or 0.5380 points to trade at 10.2100 in late trade. Banca Mediolanum SpA (MI: BMED ) declined 4.61% or 0.234 points to end at 4.846 and Telecom Italia (MI: TLIT ) shed 4.59% or 0.0250 points to 0.5202.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 253 to 110 and 19 ended unchanged on the Milan Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for February delivery was down 3.80% or 1.83 to $46.34 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in February fell 3.63% or 2.08 to hit $55.16 a barrel, while the February Gold Futures contract rose 0.74% or 9.30 to trade at $1265.70 a troy ounce.
EUR/USD was up 0.73% to 1.1459, while EUR/GBP rose 0.26% to 0.9044.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.68% at 95.825.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.