At the close in Tokyo, the Nikkei 225 added 0.37%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Nikkei 225 were Sumitomo Osaka Cement Co., Ltd. (T: 5232 ), which rose 8.60% or 345.0 points to trade at 4355.0 at the close. Comsys Holdings Corp. (T: 1721 ) added 8.09% or 208.0 points to end at 2780.0 and Dai Nippon Printing Co., Ltd. (T: 7912 ) was up 7.33% or 156.0 points to 2285.0 in late trade.
Biggest losers included IHI Corp. (T: 7013 ), which lost 13.63% or 314.5 points to trade at 1993.5 in late trade. Marui Group Co., Ltd. (T: 8252 ) declined 13.23% or 305.0 points to end at 2000.0 and JGC Corp. (T: 1963 ) shed 6.52% or 82.0 points to 1176.0.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 1840 to 1607 and 241 ended unchanged on the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
The Nikkei Volatility , which measures the implied volatility of Nikkei 225 options, was unchanged 0.00% to 22.34.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for September delivery was up 2.70% or 1.38 to $52.47 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in October rose 2.06% or 1.16 to hit $57.39 a barrel, while the December Gold Futures contract fell 0.63% or 9.55 to trade at $1510.05 a troy ounce.
USD/JPY was down 0.10% to 106.16, while EUR/JPY rose 0.09% to 119.08.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.04% at 97.308.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.