At the close in Tokyo, the Nikkei 225 rose 0.50%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Nikkei 225 were Taiyo Yuden Co., Ltd. (T: 6976 ), which rose 14.07% or 362.0 points to trade at 2935.0 at the close. TDK Corp (T: 6762 ) added 5.70% or 620.0 points to end at 11490.0 and Daiichi Sankyo Co., Ltd. (T: 4568 ) was up 3.91% or 151.0 points to 4017.0 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Tokuyama Corp. (T: 4043 ), which lost 4.87% or 190.0 points to trade at 3715.0 in late trade. Tokyo Electron Ltd. (T: 8035 ) declined 4.86% or 975.0 points to end at 19080.0 and Dainippon Screen Mfg. Co., Ltd. (T: 7735 ) shed 4.33% or 390.0 points to 8615.0.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 1991 to 1403 and 183 ended unchanged on the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
The Nikkei Volatility , which measures the implied volatility of Nikkei 225 options, was up 7.84% to 15.69.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for July delivery was down 0.18% or 0.12 to $66.77 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in August fell 0.58% or 0.44 to hit $75.50 a barrel, while the August Gold Futures contract fell 0.35% or 4.60 to trade at $1303.70 a troy ounce.
USD/JPY was down 0.15% to 110.46, while EUR/JPY rose 0.05% to 128.05.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.13% at 94.81.
Add Chart to Comment
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Only English comments will be allowed.