At the close in Mexico, the S&P/BMV IPC rose 0.05%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the S&P/BMV IPC were America Movil SAB de CV (MX: AMXL ), which rose 3.56% or 0.520 points to trade at 15.110 at the close. Grupo Financiero Santander Mexico SAB de CV Class B (MX: BSMXB ) added 2.62% or 0.760 points to end at 29.740 and Alpek, S.A.B. De C.V. (MX: ALPEKA ) was up 1.94% or 0.610 points to 32.040 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Grupo Mexico, S.A.B. De C.V. (MX: GMEXICOB ), which lost 2.85% or 1.490 points to trade at 50.750 in late trade. Grupo Financiero Inbursa , SAB De CV (MX: GFINBURO ) declined 2.49% or 0.740 points to end at 29.020 and GMexico Transportes SA de CV (MX: GMXT ) shed 2.24% or 0.710 points to 31.000.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 147 to 116 and 19 ended unchanged on the Mexico Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was down 1.15% or 13.90 to $1191.70 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in November fell 0.15% or 0.11 to hit $74.23 a barrel, while the December Brent oil contract fell 0.33% or 0.28 to trade at $83.88 a barrel.
USD/MXN was up 0.56% to 18.9303, while EUR/MXN rose 0.31% to 21.7595.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.10% at 95.41.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.