At the close in Mexico, the S&P/BMV IPC added 0.10%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the S&P/BMV IPC were Grupo Televisa SAB Unit (MX: TLVACPO ), which rose 2.96% or 2.28 points to trade at 79.30 at the close. Grupo Aeroportuario Del Sureste (MX: ASURB ) added 2.01% or 6.31 points to end at 319.85 and Grupo Aeroportuario Del CentroNorte (MX: OMAB ) was up 1.90% or 2.040 points to 109.150 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Grupo Elektra , S.A.B. De C.V. (MX: ELEKTRA ), which lost 3.61% or 21.92 points to trade at 585.49 in late trade. VOLARIS A (MX: VOLARA ) declined 2.94% or 0.36 points to end at 11.89 and Cemex SAB de CV (MX: CMXCPO ) shed 1.63% or 0.210 points to 12.650.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 161 to 123 and 2 ended unchanged on the Mexico Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was unchanged 0.00% or 0.00 to $1241.20 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in September fell 4.17% or 2.92 to hit $67.03 a barrel, while the September Brent oil contract fell 4.54% or 3.42 to trade at $71.91 a barrel.
USD/MXN was down 0.35% to 18.8122, while EUR/MXN fell 0.16% to 22.0385.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.20% at 94.25.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.