At the close in Mexico, the S&P/BMV IPC gained 0.10%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the S&P/BMV IPC were Alfa, S.A.B. De C.V. (MX: ALFAA ), which rose 2.87% or 0.600 points to trade at 21.500 at the close. Banco Del Bajio SA Institution De Banca Multiple (MX: BBAJIOO ) added 2.84% or 1.050 points to end at 37.970 and Genomma Lab Internacional SAB De CV (MX: LABB ) was up 1.97% or 0.240 points to 12.440 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Grupo Financiero Banorte (MX: GFNORTEO ), which lost 1.57% or 1.550 points to trade at 97.310 in late trade. Wal - Mart De Mexico, SAB De CV (MX: WALMEX ) declined 1.51% or 0.770 points to end at 50.370 and Grupo Elektra , S.A.B. De C.V. (MX: ELEKTRA ) shed 1.28% or 11.56 points to 890.18.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 114 to 43 and 9 ended unchanged on the Mexico Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was down 0.29% or 3.60 to $1243.00 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in January fell 0.85% or 0.45 to hit $52.80 a barrel, while the February Brent oil contract fell 0.97% or 0.60 to trade at $61.48 a barrel.
USD/MXN was down 0.02% to 20.5140, while EUR/MXN rose 0.00% to 23.2746.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.07% at 96.965.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.