At the close in Mexico, the S&P/BMV IPC gained 0.46% to hit a new 1-month high.
The biggest gainers of the session on the S&P/BMV IPC were Mexichem , S.A.B. De C.V. (MX: MEXCHEM ), which rose 3.62% or 1.670 points to trade at 47.810 at the close. Genomma Lab Internacional SAB De CV (MX: LABB ) added 3.03% or 0.370 points to end at 12.570 and Grupo LALA SA de CV (MX: LALAB ) was up 2.67% or 0.61 points to 23.49 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Banco Del Bajio SA Institution De Banca Multiple (MX: BBAJIOO ), which lost 2.24% or 0.930 points to trade at 40.550 in late trade. Megacable Holdings, S.A.B. De C.V. (MX: MEGACPO ) declined 1.69% or 1.500 points to end at 87.050 and Alpek, S.A.B. De C.V. (MX: ALPEKA ) shed 1.43% or 0.380 points to 26.150.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 166 to 131 and 12 ended unchanged on the Mexico Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was up 0.38% or 4.85 to $1293.25 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in February rose 0.44% or 0.23 to hit $52.34 a barrel, while the March Brent oil contract rose 1.15% or 0.70 to trade at $61.34 a barrel.
USD/MXN was down 0.49% to 18.8945, while EUR/MXN fell 0.65% to 21.5275.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.07% at 95.738.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.