At the close in Mexico, the S&P/BMV IPC rose 0.52%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the S&P/BMV IPC were Banco Del Bajio SA Institution De Banca Multiple (MX: BBAJIOO ), which rose 2.62% or 1.180 points to trade at 46.300 at the close. Alpek, S.A.B. De C.V. (MX: ALPEKA ) added 2.18% or 0.640 points to end at 30.030 and Grupo Financiero Inbursa , SAB De CV (MX: GFINBURO ) was up 1.84% or 0.550 points to 30.400 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Megacable Holdings, S.A.B. De C.V. (MX: MEGACPO ), which lost 1.21% or 1.160 points to trade at 94.760 in late trade. Alfa, S.A.B. De C.V. (MX: ALFAA ) declined 1.04% or 0.250 points to end at 23.830 and PINFRA SAB De CV (MX: PINFRA ) shed 1.04% or 2.06 points to 196.26.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 212 to 101 and 15 ended unchanged on the Mexico Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.09% or 1.10 to $1205.50 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in November rose 0.32% or 0.23 to hit $72.31 a barrel, while the December Brent oil contract rose 0.78% or 0.63 to trade at $81.16 a barrel.
USD/MXN was up 0.15% to 18.9980, while EUR/MXN rose 0.32% to 22.3536.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.14% at 93.72.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.