At the close in Mexico, the S&P/BMV IPC gained 0.53%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the S&P/BMV IPC were Becle SA (MX: CUERVO ), which rose 2.80% or 0.720 points to trade at 26.390 at the close. Infraestructura Energetica Nova SAB (MX: IENOVA ) added 2.57% or 1.83 points to end at 73.02 and Grupo Financiero Banorte (MX: GFNORTEO ) was up 2.40% or 2.250 points to 95.930 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Grupo Aeroportuario Del CentroNorte (MX: OMAB ), which lost 4.22% or 4.130 points to trade at 93.790 in late trade. Grupo Aeroportuario Del Sureste (MX: ASURB ) declined 2.45% or 7.44 points to end at 296.42 and Grupo Aeroportuario del Pacifico SAB De CV Class B (MX: GAPB ) shed 1.74% or 2.84 points to 160.14.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 149 to 90 and 13 ended unchanged on the Mexico Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was up 0.11% or 1.35 to $1284.35 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in February rose 1.15% or 0.52 to hit $45.85 a barrel, while the March Brent oil contract rose 1.79% or 0.95 to trade at $54.16 a barrel.
USD/MXN was up 0.05% to 19.6682, while EUR/MXN rose 0.14% to 22.5212.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.28% at 95.700.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.