At the close in Mexico, the S&P/BMV IPC rose 0.61%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the S&P/BMV IPC were Grupo Elektra , S.A.B. De C.V. (MX: ELEKTRA ), which rose 5.22% or 30.98 points to trade at 625.00 at the close. Cemex SAB de CV (MX: CMXCPO ) added 1.99% or 0.250 points to end at 12.830 and Grupo Financiero Banorte (MX: GFNORTEO ) was up 1.83% or 2.240 points to 124.490 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Industrias Penoles Sab De CV (MX: PENOLES ), which lost 2.29% or 7.54 points to trade at 321.78 in late trade. Becle SA (MX: CUERVO ) declined 2.25% or 0.640 points to end at 27.850 and BanRegio Grupo Financiero SAB de CV (MX: RA ) shed 1.85% or 2.13 points to 113.01.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 172 to 133 and 15 ended unchanged on the Mexico Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was up 0.01% or 0.10 to $1227.40 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in September rose 1.01% or 0.68 to hit $67.84 a barrel, while the September Brent oil contract rose 1.11% or 0.80 to trade at $72.96 a barrel.
USD/MXN was up 0.04% to 18.9012, while EUR/MXN fell 0.14% to 22.0046.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.12% at 94.84.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.