At the close in Mexico, the S&P/BMV IPC gained 0.66%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the S&P/BMV IPC were Grupo Carso, S.A.B. De C.V. (MX: GCARSOA1 ), which rose 2.88% or 1.870 points to trade at 66.700 at the close. Kimberly - Clark De Mexico A (MX: KIMBERA ) added 2.84% or 0.960 points to end at 34.780 and Grupo Financiero Inbursa , SAB De CV (MX: GFINBURO ) was up 2.71% or 0.830 points to 31.440 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Grupo Elektra , S.A.B. De C.V. (MX: ELEKTRA ), which lost 1.61% or 8.49 points to trade at 517.92 in late trade. Fomento Economico Mexicano UBD (MX: FMSAUBD ) declined 0.81% or 1.43 points to end at 174.49 and Grupo Mexico, S.A.B. De C.V. (MX: GMEXICOB ) shed 0.66% or 0.430 points to 64.260.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 197 to 66 and 10 ended unchanged on the Mexico Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was up 0.17% or 2.30 to $1324.00 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in April rose 3.36% or 2.02 to hit $62.14 a barrel, while the May Brent oil contract rose 3.14% or 2.00 to trade at $65.61 a barrel.
USD/MXN was down 0.22% to 18.6164, while EUR/MXN fell 0.28% to 22.9104.
The US Dollar Index Futures was unchanged 0.00% at 90.11.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.