At the close in Mexico, the S&P/BMV IPC added 0.74% to hit a new 1-month high.
The biggest gainers of the session on the S&P/BMV IPC were Cemex SAB de CV (MX: CMXCPO ), which rose 2.79% or 0.290 points to trade at 10.690 at the close. Grupo Financiero Banorte (MX: GFNORTEO ) added 2.36% or 2.510 points to end at 108.880 and Grupo Aeroportuario del Pacifico SAB De CV Class B (MX: GAPB ) was up 2.27% or 3.99 points to 179.46 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Gentera SAB de CV (MX: GENTERA ), which lost 4.57% or 0.670 points to trade at 13.980 in late trade. Alsea , S.A.B. De C.V. (MX: ALSEA ) declined 2.94% or 1.570 points to end at 51.750 and GMexico Transportes SA de CV (MX: GMXT ) shed 1.86% or 0.520 points to 27.490.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 218 to 92 and 10 ended unchanged on the Mexico Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was down 0.91% or 11.75 to $1280.55 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in February rose 3.34% or 1.74 to hit $53.81 a barrel, while the March Brent oil contract rose 2.45% or 1.50 to trade at $62.68 a barrel.
USD/MXN was up 0.42% to 19.0912, while EUR/MXN rose 0.16% to 21.6934.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.32% at 96.020.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.