At the close in Mexico, the S&P/BMV IPC added 0.92% to hit a new 1-month high.
The biggest gainers of the session on the S&P/BMV IPC were Genomma Lab Internacional SAB De CV (MX: LABB ), which rose 7.83% or 0.995 points to trade at 13.695 at the close. Infraestructura Energetica Nova SAB (MX: IENOVA ) added 7.48% or 5.43 points to end at 78.02 and Grupo Mexico, S.A.B. De C.V. (MX: GMEXICOB ) was up 5.75% or 2.350 points to 43.220 in late trade.
Biggest losers included GMexico Transportes SA de CV (MX: GMXT ), which lost 2.73% or 0.730 points to trade at 25.970 in late trade. Grupo Financiero Inbursa , SAB De CV (MX: GFINBURO ) declined 2.41% or 0.710 points to end at 28.760 and Megacable Holdings, S.A.B. De C.V. (MX: MEGACPO ) shed 1.55% or 1.400 points to 88.880.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 184 to 76 and 20 ended unchanged on the Mexico Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was down 0.61% or 7.95 to $1286.85 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in February rose 2.51% or 1.18 to hit $48.27 a barrel, while the March Brent oil contract rose 2.52% or 1.41 to trade at $57.36 a barrel.
USD/MXN was down 1.00% to 19.4254, while EUR/MXN fell 0.95% to 22.1406.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.13% at 95.757.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.