At the close in Mexico, the S&P/BMV IPC added 1.07%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the S&P/BMV IPC were GMexico Transportes SA de CV (MX: GMXT ), which rose 3.48% or 1.100 points to trade at 32.720 at the close. Alpek, S.A.B. De C.V. (MX: ALPEKA ) added 3.43% or 0.980 points to end at 29.570 and Industrias Penoles Sab De CV (MX: PENOLES ) was up 3.21% or 9.64 points to 309.97 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Nemak SAB de CV (MX: NEMAKA ), which lost 1.44% or 0.23 points to trade at 15.73 in late trade. Arca Continental , S.A.B. De C.V. (MX: AC ) declined 1.03% or 1.29 points to end at 123.58 and Wal - Mart De Mexico, SAB De CV (MX: WALMEX ) shed 0.83% or 0.440 points to 52.870.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 179 to 89 and 18 ended unchanged on the Mexico Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 1.11% or 13.10 to $1197.30 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in October rose 0.31% or 0.20 to hit $65.41 a barrel, while the October Brent oil contract rose 0.54% or 0.39 to trade at $72.22 a barrel.
USD/MXN was up 0.49% to 18.9796, while EUR/MXN rose 0.88% to 21.7961.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.34% at 95.67.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.