At the close in Mexico, the S&P/BMV IPC added 1.07%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the S&P/BMV IPC were Grupo Aeroportuario del Pacifico SAB De CV Class B (MX: GAPB ), which rose 6.37% or 9.36 points to trade at 156.25 at the close. Gentera SAB de CV (MX: GENTERA ) added 4.08% or 0.570 points to end at 14.540 and Grupo Aeroportuario Del CentroNorte (MX: OMAB ) was up 4.04% or 3.540 points to 91.200 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Grupo Televisa SAB Unit (MX: TLVACPO ), which lost 3.43% or 1.79 points to trade at 50.45 in late trade. Grupo Mexico, S.A.B. De C.V. (MX: GMEXICOB ) declined 1.26% or 0.490 points to end at 38.300 and Mexichem , S.A.B. De C.V. (MX: MEXCHEM ) shed 1.22% or 0.620 points to 50.100.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 176 to 115 and 13 ended unchanged on the Mexico Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was down 0.57% or 7.15 to $1246.45 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in February rose 1.67% or 0.78 to hit $47.38 a barrel, while the February Brent oil contract rose 0.46% or 0.26 to trade at $56.52 a barrel.
USD/MXN was up 0.19% to 20.1181, while EUR/MXN rose 0.30% to 22.8810.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.06% at 96.510.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.