At the close in Mexico, the S&P/BMV IPC rose 1.32%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the S&P/BMV IPC were Gruma SAB de CV (MX: GRUMAB ), which rose 4.48% or 10.21 points to trade at 237.99 at the close. Fomento Economico Mexicano UBD (MX: FMSAUBD ) added 3.87% or 6.91 points to end at 185.36 and Megacable Holdings, S.A.B. De C.V. (MX: MEGACPO ) was up 3.79% or 3.540 points to 96.850 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Genomma Lab Internacional SAB De CV (MX: LABB ), which lost 4.16% or 0.630 points to trade at 14.510 in late trade. Infraestructura Energetica Nova SAB (MX: IENOVA ) declined 2.64% or 2.21 points to end at 81.44 and Becle SA (MX: CUERVO ) shed 2.45% or 0.610 points to 24.320.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 220 to 91 and 17 ended unchanged on the Mexico Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.32% or 3.90 to $1227.70 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in December fell 0.95% or 0.59 to hit $61.62 a barrel, while the January Brent oil contract fell 0.14% or 0.10 to trade at $72.03 a barrel.
USD/MXN was up 0.77% to 19.8747, while EUR/MXN rose 0.86% to 22.7279.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.18% at 95.94.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.