At the close in Mexico, the S&P/BMV IPC gained 3.33%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the S&P/BMV IPC were Grupo Financiero Santander Mexico SAB de CV Class B (MX: BSMXB ), which rose 7.50% or 1.900 points to trade at 27.230 at the close. Cemex SAB de CV (MX: CMXCPO ) added 7.30% or 0.740 points to end at 10.880 and Alpek, S.A.B. De C.V. (MX: ALPEKA ) was up 6.58% or 1.760 points to 28.500 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Wal - Mart De Mexico, SAB De CV (MX: WALMEX ), which added 0.01% or 0.005 points to trade at 51.885 in late trade. Industrias Penoles Sab De CV (MX: PENOLES ) added 0.05% or 0.14 points to end at 286.44 and Becle SA (MX: CUERVO ) gained 0.22% or 0.055 points to 25.005.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 212 to 76 and 5 ended unchanged on the Mexico Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 1.86% or 22.60 to $1234.90 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in December fell 2.74% or 1.79 to hit $63.52 a barrel, while the January Brent oil contract fell 3.60% or 2.72 to trade at $72.75 a barrel.
USD/MXN was down 1.07% to 20.1198, while EUR/MXN fell 0.27% to 22.9558.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.84% at 96.09.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.