At the close in Mexico, the IPC declined 0.37% to hit a new 1-month low.
The biggest gainers of the session on the IPC were Grupo Elektra , S.A.B. De C.V. (MX: ELEKTRA ), which rose 6.05% or 46.97 points to trade at 823.44 at the close. Ohl Mexico, S.A.B. De C.V. (MX: OHLMEX ) added 3.85% or 0.960 points to end at 25.870 and Grupo LALA SA de CV (MX: LALAB ) was up 2.76% or 0.86 points to 32.06 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Mexichem , S.A.B. De C.V. (MX: MEXCHEM ), which lost 2.60% or 1.260 points to trade at 47.280 in late trade. Arca Continental , S.A.B. De C.V. (MX: AC ) declined 2.56% or 3.29 points to end at 125.24 and Fomento Economico Mexicano UBD (MX: FMSAUBD ) shed 2.16% or 3.79 points to 171.81.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 115 to 108 and 8 ended unchanged on the Mexico Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was down 0.30% or 4.01 to $1325.29 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in October fell 0.02% or 0.01 to hit $49.88 a barrel, while the November Brent oil contract rose 0.13% or 0.07 to trade at $55.54 a barrel.
USD/MXN was down 0.13% to 17.6438, while EUR/MXN rose 0.12% to 21.0820.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.25% at 91.81.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.