At the close in Mexico, the S&P/BMV IPC fell 0.03%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the S&P/BMV IPC were Grupo Financiero Inbursa , SAB De CV (MX: GFINBURO ), which rose 5.45% or 1.395 points to trade at 27.005 at the close. Banco Del Bajio SA Institution De Banca Multiple (MX: BBAJIOO ) added 5.27% or 2.060 points to end at 41.130 and Genomma Lab Internacional SAB De CV (MX: LABB ) was up 4.21% or 0.560 points to 13.850 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Gentera SAB de CV (MX: GENTERA ), which lost 5.07% or 0.900 points to trade at 16.840 in late trade. Grupo Aeroportuario Del Sureste (MX: ASURB ) declined 3.97% or 12.70 points to end at 307.47 and Industrias Penoles Sab De CV (MX: PENOLES ) shed 3.64% or 10.29 points to 272.02.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 164 to 132 and 10 ended unchanged on the Mexico Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was down 1.31% or 16.10 to $1210.10 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in December fell 1.43% or 0.87 to hit $59.80 a barrel, while the January Brent oil contract fell 1.46% or 1.03 to trade at $69.62 a barrel.
USD/MXN was down 0.46% to 20.1026, while EUR/MXN fell 0.69% to 22.7921.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.18% at 96.72.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.