At the close in Mexico, the S&P/BMV IPC declined 0.21%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the S&P/BMV IPC were Grupo Elektra , S.A.B. De C.V. (MX: ELEKTRA ), which rose 4.17% or 35.86 points to trade at 895.00 at the close. VOLARIS A (MX: VOLARA ) added 2.28% or 0.31 points to end at 13.91 and Alpek, S.A.B. De C.V. (MX: ALPEKA ) was up 1.70% or 0.470 points to 28.140 in late trade.
Biggest losers included GMexico Transportes SA de CV (MX: GMXT ), which lost 1.91% or 0.600 points to trade at 30.850 in late trade. Grupo Carso, S.A.B. De C.V. (MX: GCARSOA1 ) declined 1.46% or 1.050 points to end at 70.950 and Fomento Economico Mexicano UBD (MX: FMSAUBD ) shed 1.44% or 2.67 points to 183.00.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 143 to 138 and 16 ended unchanged on the Mexico Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.07% or 0.90 to $1205.90 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in October fell 0.50% or 0.35 to hit $69.90 a barrel, while the November Brent oil contract fell 0.45% or 0.35 to trade at $77.67 a barrel.
USD/MXN was down 0.05% to 19.1007, while EUR/MXN fell 0.57% to 22.1753.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.40% at 95.02.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.