At the close in Mexico, the S&P/BMV IPC lost 0.21%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the S&P/BMV IPC were El Puerto De Liverpool Sab De CV (MX: LIVEPOLC1 ), which rose 2.50% or 3.11 points to trade at 127.61 at the close. Grupo Elektra , S.A.B. De C.V. (MX: ELEKTRA ) added 2.10% or 19.63 points to end at 956.59 and GMexico Transportes SA de CV (MX: GMXT ) was up 1.95% or 0.520 points to 27.250 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Gentera SAB de CV (MX: GENTERA ), which lost 3.75% or 0.570 points to trade at 14.700 in late trade. Grupo LALA SA de CV (MX: LALAB ) declined 2.34% or 0.50 points to end at 20.95 and Grupo Televisa SAB Unit (MX: TLVACPO ) shed 2.14% or 1.07 points to 48.99.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 113 to 92 and 7 ended unchanged on the Mexico Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was up 1.14% or 14.40 to $1272.50 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in February fell 6.34% or 2.89 to hit $42.70 a barrel, while the March Brent oil contract fell 6.23% or 3.37 to trade at $50.73 a barrel.
USD/MXN was down 0.29% to 19.8742, while EUR/MXN fell 0.08% to 22.6698.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.46% at 96.010.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.