At the close in Mexico, the S&P/BMV IPC fell 0.33%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the S&P/BMV IPC were Cemex SAB de CV (MX: CMXCPO ), which rose 4.61% or 0.610 points to trade at 13.840 at the close. BanRegio Grupo Financiero SAB de CV (MX: RA ) added 3.02% or 3.36 points to end at 114.50 and Industrias Penoles Sab De CV (MX: PENOLES ) was up 2.20% or 6.81 points to 316.60 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Wal - Mart De Mexico, SAB De CV (MX: WALMEX ), which lost 5.90% or 3.390 points to trade at 54.110 in late trade. Grupo LALA SA de CV (MX: LALAB ) declined 4.17% or 0.86 points to end at 19.75 and Nemak SAB de CV (MX: NEMAKA ) shed 3.38% or 0.53 points to 15.17.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 141 to 131 and 11 ended unchanged on the Mexico Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was down 0.76% or 9.40 to $1222.40 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in September rose 0.49% or 0.34 to hit $69.64 a barrel, while the September Brent oil contract rose 0.77% or 0.57 to trade at $74.50 a barrel.
USD/MXN was down 0.11% to 18.6495, while EUR/MXN fell 0.86% to 21.7064.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.61% at 94.55.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.