At the close in Mexico, the S&P/BMV IPC fell 0.50%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the S&P/BMV IPC were VOLARIS A (MX: VOLARA ), which rose 5.06% or 0.81 points to trade at 16.83 at the close. Grupo Aeroportuario Del CentroNorte (MX: OMAB ) added 2.57% or 2.410 points to end at 96.070 and Grupo Aeroportuario del Pacifico SAB De CV Class B (MX: GAPB ) was up 2.40% or 4.44 points to 189.15 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Grupo Elektra , S.A.B. De C.V. (MX: ELEKTRA ), which lost 4.01% or 26.34 points to trade at 630.40 in late trade. Cemex SAB de CV (MX: CMXCPO ) declined 2.73% or 0.380 points to end at 13.550 and Genomma Lab Internacional SAB De CV (MX: LABB ) shed 2.17% or 0.440 points to 19.850.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 168 to 134 and 19 ended unchanged on the Mexico Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was down 1.84% or 25.00 to $1331.20 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in April rose 0.02% or 0.01 to hit $61.56 a barrel, while the April Brent oil contract rose 0.05% or 0.03 to trade at $65.07 a barrel.
USD/MXN was up 0.00% to 18.7095, while EUR/MXN rose 0.01% to 23.0818.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.63% at 89.64.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.