At the close in Mexico, the S&P/BMV IPC fell 0.53%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the S&P/BMV IPC were Grupo Financiero Banorte (MX: GFNORTEO ), which rose 1.67% or 1.630 points to trade at 98.970 at the close. Mexichem , S.A.B. De C.V. (MX: MEXCHEM ) added 1.60% or 0.790 points to end at 50.060 and Genomma Lab Internacional SAB De CV (MX: LABB ) was up 1.49% or 0.180 points to 12.270 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Cemex SAB de CV (MX: CMXCPO ), which lost 4.20% or 0.440 points to trade at 10.030 in late trade. Gentera SAB de CV (MX: GENTERA ) declined 2.86% or 0.440 points to end at 14.950 and Grupo Televisa SAB Unit (MX: TLVACPO ) shed 2.43% or 1.36 points to 54.64.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 179 to 133 and 9 ended unchanged on the Mexico Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was up 0.33% or 4.15 to $1243.75 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in January fell 0.79% or 0.42 to hit $52.53 a barrel, while the February Brent oil contract fell 0.63% or 0.39 to trade at $61.30 a barrel.
USD/MXN was up 0.73% to 20.5127, while EUR/MXN rose 0.67% to 23.2656.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.05% at 96.917.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.