At the close in Mexico, the S&P/BMV IPC lost 0.61%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the S&P/BMV IPC were Grupo Financiero Santander Mexico SAB de CV Class B (MX: BSMXB ), which rose 1.05% or 0.310 points to trade at 29.900 at the close. GMexico Transportes SA de CV (MX: GMXT ) added 0.88% or 0.280 points to end at 32.000 and Fomento Economico Mexicano UBD (MX: FMSAUBD ) was up 0.69% or 1.28 points to 185.78 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Grupo Televisa SAB Unit (MX: TLVACPO ), which lost 3.21% or 2.13 points to trade at 64.20 in late trade. Cemex SAB de CV (MX: CMXCPO ) declined 2.77% or 0.360 points to end at 12.630 and Gruma SAB de CV (MX: GRUMAB ) shed 2.49% or 6.00 points to 235.00.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 183 to 111 and 11 ended unchanged on the Mexico Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.02% or 0.30 to $1203.20 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in November fell 2.42% or 1.85 to hit $74.56 a barrel, while the December Brent oil contract fell 1.77% or 1.53 to trade at $84.76 a barrel.
USD/MXN was up 0.30% to 19.1041, while EUR/MXN rose 0.68% to 21.9973.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.27% at 95.41.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.