At the close in Mexico, the S&P/BMV IPC declined 0.65% to hit a new 52-week low.
The biggest gainers of the session on the S&P/BMV IPC were Nemak SAB de CV (MX: NEMAKA ), which rose 3.95% or 0.59 points to trade at 15.53 at the close. Grupo Televisa SAB Unit (MX: TLVACPO ) added 1.95% or 1.13 points to end at 58.96 and VOLARIS A (MX: VOLARA ) was up 1.91% or 0.28 points to 14.93 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Gentera SAB de CV (MX: GENTERA ), which lost 3.39% or 0.450 points to trade at 12.810 in late trade. Grupo LALA SA de CV (MX: LALAB ) declined 3.32% or 0.82 points to end at 23.91 and Fomento Economico Mexicano UBD (MX: FMSAUBD ) shed 2.59% or 4.29 points to 161.53.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 195 to 64 and 15 ended unchanged on the Mexico Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was up 1.39% or 18.40 to $1345.70 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in May fell 2.91% or 1.89 to hit $63.05 a barrel, while the June Brent oil contract fell 2.32% or 1.61 to trade at $67.73 a barrel.
USD/MXN was up 0.35% to 18.2462, while EUR/MXN rose 0.16% to 22.4479.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.06% at 89.70.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.