Mexico shares lower at close of trade; S&P/BMV IPC down 0.68%
Investing.com – Mexico equities were lower at the close on Monday, as losses in the Financial Services , Consumer Staples and Materials sectors propelled shares lower.
At the close in Mexico, the S&P/BMV IPC declined 0.68%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the S&P/BMV IPC were BanRegio Grupo Financiero SAB de CV (MX: RA ), which rose 4.49% or 4.31 points to trade at 100.40 at the close. Mexichem , S.A.B. De C.V. (MX: MEXCHEM ) added 2.33% or 1.100 points to end at 48.370 and Megacable Holdings, S.A.B. De C.V. (MX: MEGACPO ) was up 1.69% or 1.470 points to 88.460 in late trade.
Biggest losers included PINFRA SAB De CV (MX: PINFRA ), which lost 2.86% or 5.51 points to trade at 186.86 in late trade. Gruma SAB de CV (MX: GRUMAB ) declined 2.63% or 6.05 points to end at 224.10 and Grupo Aeroportuario del Pacifico SAB De CV Class B (MX: GAPB ) shed 2.59% or 4.66 points to 175.20.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 81 to 76 and 18 ended unchanged on the Mexico Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was down 0.23% or 3.00 to $1279.60 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in March rose 0.06% or 0.03 to hit $54.22 a barrel, while the March Brent oil contract rose 0.21% or 0.13 to trade at $62.83 a barrel.
USD/MXN was up 0.47% to 19.1665, while EUR/MXN rose 0.47% to 21.7904.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.00% at 95.990.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or