At the close in Mexico, the S&P/BMV IPC declined 0.78%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the S&P/BMV IPC were Alpek, S.A.B. De C.V. (MX: ALPEKA ), which rose 2.63% or 0.800 points to trade at 31.230 at the close. Alfa, S.A.B. De C.V. (MX: ALFAA ) added 1.93% or 0.460 points to end at 24.340 and Wal - Mart De Mexico, SAB De CV (MX: WALMEX ) was up 1.63% or 0.890 points to 55.610 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Grupo LALA SA de CV (MX: LALAB ), which lost 5.25% or 1.14 points to trade at 20.57 in late trade. Kimberly - Clark De Mexico A (MX: KIMBERA ) declined 3.95% or 1.330 points to end at 32.340 and America Movil SAB de CV (MX: AMXL ) shed 3.43% or 0.520 points to 14.640.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 172 to 130 and 11 ended unchanged on the Mexico Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was down 0.38% or 4.60 to $1202.40 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in November rose 1.32% or 0.99 to hit $76.22 a barrel, while the December Brent oil contract rose 1.47% or 1.25 to trade at $86.05 a barrel.
USD/MXN was up 1.00% to 18.9824, while EUR/MXN rose 0.62% to 21.8382.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.39% at 95.50.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.