At the close in Mexico, the S&P/BMV IPC fell 0.80%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the S&P/BMV IPC were Alpek, S.A.B. De C.V. (MX: ALPEKA ), which rose 0.99% or 0.310 points to trade at 31.590 at the close. El Puerto De Liverpool Sab De CV (MX: LIVEPOLC1 ) added 0.79% or 1.07 points to end at 136.50 and Grupo Elektra , S.A.B. De C.V. (MX: ELEKTRA ) was up 0.52% or 3.58 points to 687.75 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Grupo Financiero Santander Mexico SAB de CV Class B (MX: BSMXB ), which lost 2.64% or 0.830 points to trade at 30.650 in late trade. Grupo Carso, S.A.B. De C.V. (MX: GCARSOA1 ) declined 2.59% or 1.980 points to end at 74.530 and VOLARIS A (MX: VOLARA ) shed 2.31% or 0.31 points to 13.10.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 0 to 0 on the Mexico Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was down 0.48% or 5.90 to $1214.20 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in September fell 0.06% or 0.04 to hit $68.92 a barrel, while the October Brent oil contract fell 0.05% or 0.04 to trade at $73.41 a barrel.
USD/MXN was up 0.15% to 18.6658, while EUR/MXN rose 0.06% to 21.6195.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.03% at 95.03.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.