At the close in Mexico, the S&P/BMV IPC declined 0.82%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the S&P/BMV IPC were Coca Cola Femsa SAB De CV (MX: KOFL ), which rose 1.76% or 2.22 points to trade at 128.50 at the close. Mexichem , S.A.B. De C.V. (MX: MEXCHEM ) added 1.35% or 0.740 points to end at 55.650 and Becle SA (MX: CUERVO ) was up 0.79% or 0.290 points to 36.820 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Alfa, S.A.B. De C.V. (MX: ALFAA ), which lost 3.87% or 0.920 points to trade at 22.880 in late trade. Gentera SAB de CV (MX: GENTERA ) declined 3.44% or 0.480 points to end at 13.470 and Genomma Lab Internacional SAB De CV (MX: LABB ) shed 3.24% or 0.650 points to 19.430.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 220 to 88 and 8 ended unchanged on the Mexico Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was down 0.06% or 0.80 to $1324.20 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in April fell 0.02% or 0.01 to hit $60.94 a barrel, while the May Brent oil contract rose 0.12% or 0.08 to trade at $64.90 a barrel.
USD/MXN was up 0.05% to 18.5928, while EUR/MXN rose 0.05% to 22.9932.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.06% at 89.75.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.