At the close in Mexico, the S&P/BMV IPC lost 1.04% to hit a new 3-month low.
The biggest gainers of the session on the S&P/BMV IPC were Becle SA (MX: CUERVO ), which rose 2.45% or 0.750 points to trade at 31.410 at the close. Mexichem , S.A.B. De C.V. (MX: MEXCHEM ) added 1.56% or 0.960 points to end at 62.590 and Wal - Mart De Mexico, SAB De CV (MX: WALMEX ) was up 1.46% or 0.830 points to 57.800 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Grupo Televisa SAB Unit (MX: TLVACPO ), which lost 3.59% or 2.20 points to trade at 59.16 in late trade. Cemex SAB de CV (MX: CMXCPO ) declined 3.33% or 0.380 points to end at 11.020 and Kimberly - Clark De Mexico A (MX: KIMBERA ) shed 3.31% or 1.040 points to 30.380.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 148 to 134 and 16 ended unchanged on the Mexico Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.14% or 1.70 to $1225.40 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in December rose 0.52% or 0.36 to hit $69.48 a barrel, while the December Brent oil contract rose 0.38% or 0.30 to trade at $80.08 a barrel.
USD/MXN was up 0.60% to 19.3978, while EUR/MXN rose 0.21% to 22.2456.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.32% at 95.75.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.