At the close in Mexico, the S&P/BMV IPC fell 1.11% to hit a new 1-month low.
The biggest gainers of the session on the S&P/BMV IPC were Becle SA (MX: CUERVO ), which rose 5.77% or 1.900 points to trade at 34.830 at the close. VOLARIS A (MX: VOLARA ) added 3.58% or 0.58 points to end at 16.80 and Genomma Lab Internacional SAB De CV (MX: LABB ) was up 3.29% or 0.650 points to 20.380 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Grupo Elektra , S.A.B. De C.V. (MX: ELEKTRA ), which lost 5.15% or 30.35 points to trade at 558.84 in late trade. Alpek, S.A.B. De C.V. (MX: ALPEKA ) declined 4.75% or 1.220 points to end at 24.470 and Grupo Carso, S.A.B. De C.V. (MX: GCARSOA1 ) shed 4.56% or 3.160 points to 66.070.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 170 to 109 and 15 ended unchanged on the Mexico Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was up 0.06% or 0.80 to $1319.40 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in April fell 2.35% or 1.48 to hit $61.53 a barrel, while the May Brent oil contract rose 0.02% or 0.01 to trade at $64.67 a barrel.
USD/MXN was up 0.04% to 18.8431, while EUR/MXN rose 0.06% to 22.9867.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.33% at 90.61.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.