At the close in Mexico, the S&P/BMV IPC declined 1.22% to hit a new 1-month low.
The biggest gainers of the session on the S&P/BMV IPC were Industrias Penoles Sab De CV (MX: PENOLES ), which rose 1.88% or 6.06 points to trade at 328.15 at the close. Megacable Holdings, S.A.B. De C.V. (MX: MEGACPO ) added 1.24% or 1.190 points to end at 97.390 and Coca Cola Femsa SAB De CV (MX: KOFL ) was up 0.69% or 0.81 points to 118.04 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Gentera SAB de CV (MX: GENTERA ), which lost 4.65% or 0.880 points to trade at 18.050 in late trade. Cemex SAB de CV (MX: CMXCPO ) declined 4.34% or 0.550 points to end at 12.110 and Alsea , S.A.B. De C.V. (MX: ALSEA ) shed 3.35% or 2.110 points to 60.800.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 228 to 70 and 11 ended unchanged on the Mexico Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.46% or 5.50 to $1207.10 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in November rose 0.03% or 0.02 to hit $74.35 a barrel, while the December Brent oil contract fell 0.56% or 0.47 to trade at $84.11 a barrel.
USD/MXN was down 1.55% to 18.8178, while EUR/MXN fell 1.38% to 21.6802.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.13% at 95.31.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.