At the close in Mexico, the S&P/BMV IPC declined 1.33%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the S&P/BMV IPC were Alsea , S.A.B. De C.V. (MX: ALSEA ), which rose 2.08% or 0.990 points to trade at 48.540 at the close. Wal - Mart De Mexico, SAB De CV (MX: WALMEX ) added 1.57% or 0.780 points to end at 50.550 and Arca Continental , S.A.B. De C.V. (MX: AC ) was up 1.08% or 1.14 points to 106.23 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Grupo Mexico, S.A.B. De C.V. (MX: GMEXICOB ), which lost 5.38% or 2.370 points to trade at 41.650 in late trade. Industrias Penoles Sab De CV (MX: PENOLES ) declined 4.73% or 12.63 points to end at 254.39 and Genomma Lab Internacional SAB De CV (MX: LABB ) shed 4.38% or 0.560 points to 12.220.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 221 to 63 and 13 ended unchanged on the Mexico Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was down 0.26% or 3.20 to $1222.10 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in January fell 6.99% or 4.00 to hit $53.20 a barrel, while the January Brent oil contract fell 6.77% or 4.52 to trade at $62.27 a barrel.
USD/MXN was up 0.05% to 20.3834, while EUR/MXN fell 0.70% to 23.1774.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.66% at 96.70.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.