At the close in Mexico, the S&P/BMV IPC lost 1.78% to hit a new 52-week low.
The biggest gainers of the session on the S&P/BMV IPC were Cemex SAB de CV (MX: CMXCPO ), which rose 4.51% or 0.560 points to trade at 12.990 at the close. Megacable Holdings, S.A.B. De C.V. (MX: MEGACPO ) added 1.04% or 0.890 points to end at 86.870 and Grupo Carso, S.A.B. De C.V. (MX: GCARSOA1 ) was up 0.20% or 0.130 points to 64.980 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Grupo Aeroportuario del Pacifico SAB De CV Class B (MX: GAPB ), which lost 4.97% or 9.39 points to trade at 179.69 in late trade. Fomento Economico Mexicano UBD (MX: FMSAUBD ) declined 4.58% or 7.81 points to end at 162.77 and Grupo Aeroportuario Del Sureste (MX: ASURB ) shed 4.47% or 14.60 points to 311.96.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 255 to 45 and 13 ended unchanged on the Mexico Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was up 1.49% or 19.80 to $1347.20 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in May rose 2.35% or 1.51 to hit $65.81 a barrel, while the May Brent oil contract rose 2.10% or 1.45 to trade at $70.36 a barrel.
USD/MXN was down 0.64% to 18.5174, while EUR/MXN fell 0.24% to 22.8814.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.41% at 89.10.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.