At the close in Mexico, the S&P/BMV IPC declined 4.20% to hit a new 3-year low.
The biggest gainers of the session on the S&P/BMV IPC were Grupo LALA SA de CV (MX: LALAB ), which rose 1.19% or 0.20 points to trade at 17.05 at the close. Kimberly - Clark De Mexico A (MX: KIMBERA ) added 0.48% or 0.140 points to end at 29.550 and Infraestructura Energetica Nova SAB (MX: IENOVA ) was down 0.08% or 0.06 points to 72.04 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Grupo Financiero Banorte (MX: GFNORTEO ), which lost 13.62% or 13.070 points to trade at 82.900 in late trade. El Puerto De Liverpool Sab De CV (MX: LIVEPOLC1 ) declined 9.86% or 12.22 points to end at 111.77 and Banco Del Bajio SA Institution De Banca Multiple (MX: BBAJIOO ) shed 9.02% or 3.400 points to 34.290.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 173 to 145 and 11 ended unchanged on the Mexico Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was down 0.03% or 0.40 to $1228.70 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in January rose 2.40% or 1.21 to hit $51.63 a barrel, while the February Brent oil contract rose 2.71% or 1.60 to trade at $60.64 a barrel.
USD/MXN was up 1.03% to 20.6212, while EUR/MXN rose 0.94% to 23.3586.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.17% at 96.985.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.