At the close in Mexico, the IPC lost 0.27%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the IPC were Grupo Financiero Inbursa , SAB De CV (MX: GFINBURO ), which rose 1.47% or 0.470 points to trade at 32.360 at the close. Fomento Economico Mexicano UBD (MX: FMSAUBD ) added 1.15% or 2.00 points to end at 175.82 and Coca Cola Femsa SAB De CV (MX: KOFL ) was up 0.88% or 1.34 points to 154.45 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Grupo Elektra , S.A.B. De C.V. (MX: ELEKTRA ), which lost 2.26% or 16.50 points to trade at 712.97 in late trade. Bolsa Mexicana De Valores SAB De CV (MX: BOLSAA ) declined 2.00% or 0.670 points to end at 32.810 and Grupo Carso, S.A.B. De C.V. (MX: GCARSOA1 ) shed 1.85% or 1.450 points to 76.790.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 174 to 143 and 11 ended unchanged on the Mexico Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was down 0.21% or 2.62 to $1244.08 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in August fell 2.05% or 0.91 to hit $43.52 a barrel, while the August Brent oil contract fell 1.92% or 0.90 to trade at $46.01 a barrel.
USD/MXN was up 1.38% to 18.2069, while EUR/MXN rose 1.22% to 20.2648.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.19% at 97.41.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.