At the close in Casablanca, the Moroccan All Shares added 0.26%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Moroccan All Shares were Wafa Assurance (CS: WASS ), which rose 5.38% or 229 points to trade at 4485 at the close. Stroc Industrie (CS: STR ) added 4.47% or 1.24 points to end at 28.99 and LafargeHolcim Maroc (CS: LHM ) was up 3.24% or 54 points to 1719 in late trade.
Biggest losers included CIH (CS: CIH ), which lost 6.80% or 21.00 points to trade at 288.00 in late trade. Maghreb Oxygene (CS: OXYG ) declined 5.71% or 8.90 points to end at 147.00 and Snep (CS: SNP ) shed 5.04% or 34.00 points to 640.00.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 14 to 12 and 5 ended unchanged on the Casablanca Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for August delivery was up 0.26% or 0.19 to $74.33 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in September rose 0.66% or 0.51 to hit $78.27 a barrel, while the August Gold Futures contract rose 0.37% or 4.60 to trade at $1258.10 a troy ounce.
EUR/MAD was down 0.05% to 11.0550, while USD/MAD fell 0.18% to 9.4705.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.14% at 94.19.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.