At the close in Amsterdam, the AEX added 0.18%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the AEX were Akzo Nobel NV (AS: AKZO ), which rose 1.17% or 0.82 points to trade at 70.68 at the close. Unilever NV DRC (AS: UNc ) added 1.10% or 0.51 points to end at 46.88 and NN Group NV (AS: NN ) was up 0.78% or 0.28 points to 36.04 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Aalberts Industries NV (AS: AALB ), which lost 1.79% or 0.53 points to trade at 29.05 in late trade. ArcelorMittal SA (AS: MT ) declined 1.23% or 0.238 points to end at 19.168 and Galapagos NV (AS: GLPG ) shed 0.94% or 0.860 points to 91.020.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 67 to 54 and 18 ended unchanged on the Amsterdam Stock Exchange.
The AEX Volatility , which measures the implied volatility of AEX options, was down 5.65% to 16.80 a new 1-month low.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for February delivery was down 1.71% or 0.90 to $51.69 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in March fell 1.72% or 1.06 to hit $60.62 a barrel, while the February Gold Futures contract rose 0.28% or 3.55 to trade at $1290.95 a troy ounce.
EUR/USD was down 0.15% to 1.1481, while EUR/GBP fell 0.98% to 0.8929.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.03% at 95.148.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.