At the close in Amsterdam, the AEX added 0.40%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the AEX were Koninklijke KPN NV (AS: KPN ), which rose 3.28% or 0.073 points to trade at 2.301 at the close. Koninklijke Ahold Delhaize NV (AS: AD ) added 2.55% or 0.488 points to end at 19.658 and Philips Lighting NV (AS: LIGHT ) was up 1.64% or 0.34 points to 21.05 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Galapagos NV (AS: GLPG ), which lost 1.33% or 1.140 points to trade at 84.740 in late trade. Aalberts Industries NV (AS: AALB ) declined 1.15% or 0.38 points to end at 32.53 and Aegon NV (AS: AEGN ) shed 1.05% or 0.056 points to 5.264.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 65 to 53 and 20 ended unchanged on the Amsterdam Stock Exchange.
The AEX Volatility , which measures the implied volatility of AEX options, was down 5.41% to 16.96.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for November delivery was up 0.18% or 0.13 to $71.47 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in December rose 0.01% or 0.01 to hit $80.44 a barrel, while the December Gold Futures contract rose 0.67% or 8.20 to trade at $1230.20 a troy ounce.
EUR/USD was up 0.26% to 1.1589, while EUR/GBP rose 0.11% to 0.8802.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.26% at 94.69.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.