At the close in Amsterdam, the AEX gained 0.57% to hit a new 5-year high.
The biggest gainers of the session on the AEX were ASML Holding NV (AS: ASML ), which rose 3.32% or 5.35 points to trade at 166.60 at the close. Altice NV (AS: ATCA ) added 2.75% or 0.24 points to end at 8.80 and SBM Offshore NV (AS: SBMO ) was up 1.29% or 0.20 points to 15.73 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Unibail Rodamco SE (AS: UNBP ), which lost 1.12% or 2.30 points to trade at 203.00 in late trade. Koninklijke KPN NV (AS: KPN ) declined 0.98% or 0.028 points to end at 2.819 and Galapagos NV (AS: GLPG ) shed 0.84% or 0.760 points to 89.260.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 67 to 48 and 19 ended unchanged on the Amsterdam Stock Exchange.
The AEX Volatility , which measures the implied volatility of AEX options, was up 0.15% to 10.24.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for February delivery was up 0.09% or 0.06 to $64.03 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in March fell 0.06% or 0.04 to hit $69.34 a barrel, while the February Gold Futures contract fell 0.59% or 7.90 to trade at $1331.30 a troy ounce.
EUR/USD was up 0.55% to 1.2253, while EUR/GBP unchanged 0.00% to 0.8813.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.47% at 90.22.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.